Thursday, August 9, 2012

To call or not to call

Today is Day 3 for our embies and I am not scheduled to get an update from the embryologist until late morning on Sunday. That seems sooo far away!! I am debating on emailing one of the nurses to see if there is any info -  mainly are they all still there. J thinks I am silly and should just wait until Sunday. So, do I contact the nurse or just wait for the call from the embryologist?

On another note, I talked to my Dad last night and told him about our progress thus far. He was very excited to hear the news and said he could hear it in my voice that I was feeling better about things. That was really  nice to hear. I explained about how our next update is on Sunday and that cells would be shipped off on Monday for the PGD testing. He told me that he really didn't understand my chromosomal abnormality...so I took a few minutes to explain it to him. After I finished he asked if it is hereditary and I replied yes. He said "Hmm...I am guessing that it's on my side then. You know Nana had quite a few miscarriages in between me and your aunt." I've guessed that it was on his side, too, but never said it out loud to him. It made me so sad to hear him say that it must be from his side. Thankfully we spent a few more minutes catching up on things after that so the conversation did not end on that note.

4 comments:

  1. If it is driving you nuts then call and get a update. From experience, if they haven't called that means it is good news and things are progressing nicely. Good luck! Let us know what you decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you let today go by, you might be kicking yourself tomorrow and saturday, wishing you had. you should give them a call! they're YOUR embies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call too - it's important to be proactive :) That said, there's a chance they haven't even looked at them so they might not know how they are doing. I remember waiting to see how many we had on day 3, and even 1 hour before they had not checked them which drove me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I didn't call but I did just send an email to our nurse to see if all 4 were still growing. Fingers crossed they are. :)

    ReplyDelete