Monday, August 20, 2012

Another blood draw

I was lucky enough to go get another blood draw today. J got to have one too!
He did much better than I did...the tech didn't have to move the needle around to get his blood.

I recevied a phone call from Dr. A this morning after he spoke to the director at the lab in NJ. The ;ab will  be able to determine if the embies have a balanced or unbalanced translocation - yay! However, they need a sample of our blood in order to map out our chromosomes for the testing. Dr. A's office will overnight the samples so they should be in NJ tomorrow. I am really hoping this doesn't delay the test results - something tells me it might. As long as we have the results back before I am scheduled to start the PIO I'll be happy.

4 comments:

  1. Hoping the test will be done before you start PIO! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! PIO is not due to start until Sept. 1 and test results should be back next week. Hopefully we get the results before the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. Ack! I am a pretty bloodless person too, they always have to dig on me - that is the worst.
    That's annoying that they just now are asking for the blood. Hopefully they are super freaky fast about figuring out how AWESOME your embies are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just recently that I've had so much trouble giving them my blood. My boss said I am running out!

      Delete