Wednesday, August 22, 2012

(Not so) Wordless Wednesday


View from Palapa at Sunbreeze Hotel, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize

For those of you who are here from ICLW - welcome! San Pedro is my "happy place"...J and I were married here on the beach in April 2010. Since then we have been back 2 other times. Again in November 2010 for Thanksgiving and to celebrate my big 4-0 and again for Thanksgiving 2011. We absolutely love it there. The people are incredibily friendly and the scenery cannot be beat. Typically on our first morning on the island we are up with the sun and start our day relaxing on the hammocks in this picture.

It's also an amazing place to heal. In November 2010 we went just 2 weeks after my first m/c and when we went in November 2011 it was a month after my 3rd m/c. It has allowed us down time where we can reconnect and process all that we have been through.

When we were there last year we met our wedding photographer for lunch for Sunday BBQ on the beach (a tradition in San Pedro) and while we were at lunch there was an adorable little girl who must have been about 18 mos or so and she caught my eye. Apparently, I caught her eye too because she randomly came up to me and put her hand on my lap and just looked up at me and smiled. It was so strange and so cool at the same time. The first time it happened I could feel myself getting choked up but after it happened a couple of times during lunch it just made me smile and feel good about what our future might hold. (She was playing in between the tables and would go off and play and then come back to say hi.) A few days later we were at breakfast and at the end of our meal we noticed that she and her mom were there too. When they were leaving the little girl noticed me and came right up to me. She did the same thing as before...just came up, put her hand on my lap and smiled. It was really something. :)


Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!!

10 comments:

  1. Hi from ICLW! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love the story about the little girl, that is really special. I'm hoping for wonderful results for you guys. Sounds like things have gone quite well on this cycle. Best Wishes, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story about the little girl is just lovely. I bet she was bringing you a message from your to-be-babies, just saying hang on in there mum, we are on our way as quick as we can. Little kids can be so amazing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It was such an interesting interaction...it really did feel like she had a message for me.

      Delete
  3. That's a sweet story, she was drawn to you! I'd take it as a sign :) A very good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those moments are precious. I would also be inclined to take it as a sign. Hang in there... your babies will come. :)

    ICLW #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very magical place for you guys. That is a lovely story. She was obviously very drawn to you. Happy ICLW!

    ICLW #41

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is...I'd recommend a trip there to anyone who needs to get away from it all!

      Delete