The PGD results are in. J received an email from Dr. A in his work email this morning saying the results are in and asking when we could chat. I called back and Dr. A is not available right now...receptionist said she is hoping he'll be able to call us this morning. I am a bundle of nerves. Any prayers, good vibes, thoughts are most appreciated! I am hoping to give you an update today! Fingers and toes are crossed for good news!!
So we got the call from Dr. A. He apologized for having to give us the results over the phone and said it was not his preferred way to deliver the results. Our first embryo came back as having severe abnormalities. It had 47 chromosomes. 1 16 was missing and there was an extra 17 and an extra 21.
As for embryo #2 the results were inconclusive. So now we have decisions to make. Do we transfer without knowing anything, as if no PGD testing was done? Do we set it aside and start a new round of IVF? Another option was to thaw it again, re-biopsy and send of the cells again. We took that option out of the equation while on the phone with Dr. A as it did not seem worth the risk at all. We are going to take the weekend to talk about it and come up with a decision. So please keep sending the good vibes our way.