Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Update

We went in today for the second ultrasound...this is the first time we've ever done this during a pregnancy, so that was a milestone by itself. We saw our little Fred again. :) Heart was beating strong - 135 - growth was good according to Dr. A. It was not what I was hoping for. I am 7w2d and Fred was measuring between 6w3d and 6w5d. Dr. A said he was happy and to not worry about it. Both J and I expressed that I've been pretty anxious for the past week. He told me to not waste my energy imagining things and to not focus on anything negative. I am doing my best to look at all the good things happening here and not focusing on the numbers.

When we had ultrasounds with pregnancy #1 and #3 I figured I was 8 weeks and I measured 6 weeks both times. The baby is not even a week behind right now and we saw the heartbeat right away....just need to keep reminding myself of all the positives. :)

We also found out that we are going to be going in for weekly u/s until week 11 or 12. He said it's TLC for RPL patients. SO glad this is something they offer! I also love the fact we've seen Dr. A for both appointments.

18 comments:

  1. Yay for a great heartbeat! I can totally understand why you'd be concerned about what Fred's measuring, but the dates are only a few days off. Congrats on a good u/s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Definitely going to focus on that heartbeat. :)

      Delete
  2. That is fantastic news! It is so common in early pregnancy to measure behind or ahead of actually date. Fred seems to be doing great. So happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I definitely need to remind myself that things are going well. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm inclined to believe your doctor. Sounds like Fred is doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! J recorded Dr. A saying it was all okay so we can play it back during the week. :)

      Delete
  4. Great news, I am thrilled for you, just thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great doctor you have. Sending many many good wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news for you and Fred! Sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome!! And to get so many U/S! Definitely spoiled but is surely the least you deserve after fighting through IF and IVF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So glad we are staying with Dr. A longer than normal...definitely helps calm my nerves. :)

      Delete
  8. That heartbeat is great!! I know it's so hard but if your doctor is ok with things, I guess you should trust him. You know, since he's a doctor and all. :) Haha, don't worry, I know how hard it is! Such great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! hehe - yes, I must remember he does know what he's talking about. :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely heartbeat - congratulations! I can understand why you'd feel anxious, but try to focus on what the doctor said, that Fred is growing nicely. He might just have caught up on those few days by the next time you see him. On that note, it's awesome you can go in every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I truly feel blessed to be able to go in every week. I am feeling better now - started knitting last night thanks to your post about the scrapbook. :)

      Delete