Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Liebster Nominee #2 and a story for you

A BIG thank you to BFPEnvy for nominating me for the Liebster Award...I am honored :)

Here are my answers to her great questions...

  1. Where is the most exciting place you have traveled to? It's a tie between Anchorage and Belize
  2. Do you prefer chips or cookies? Cookies - preferably homemade chocolate chip
  3. Coffe or tea? coffee, but I also love a good cup of English Breakfast tea
  4. What is one thing you always carry with you in your purse? feminine supplies...if every I am running low all I have to do is going searching in pocketbooks not in use.
  5. Do you typically wear high heels or flats? flats...nothing like having broken your foot and twisting your ankle to make you switch to flats
  6. What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage? Red Wine - The Dreaming Tree Cabernet Sauvignon is a new favorite...Cupcake wines are also very yummy!
  7. What is your favorite book and why? Such a tough decision...Jane Eyre is at the top of my list along with  Harry Potter.
  8. If you won a million dollars, what is the first big purchase you would splurge on? a house in Belize
  9. Who is your celebrity crush? Dave Matthews
  10. What is the last movie that you watched that made you cry? Haven't watched any movies lately that have made  me cry, but commercials?!? They are getting me left and right lately - especially the Subaru commercial with the chocolate lab.
  11. What is one wonderful thing you would like to share about your significant other: He's great at surprising me with little things...like last week's iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts :)
I think all the ladies on my reading list have been nominated, so I am not adding any nominations right now...you are all wonderful and I treasure you!!

I heard from Dr. A's office with the results from yesterday's bloodwork...hcg is down to 70...so I get to back next Monday for another stick. I wish I could go on Saturday instead...going to see if that is possible.

My Mom told me a great story from her job yesterday that I want to share with you. My Mom works on the Maternity Ward at a local hospital...while going over one of the charts with an aide it was noted that a patient had 8 pregnancies but only 3 live births (there is a technical term for this but I don't remember what it is). The aide looked at it and said "Wow can you believe her numbers?!?!" My Mom looked at her and said "T, you have no idea what this woman's story is and you cannot judge her based on those numbers. When my daughter has a baby her numbers are going to be 5 and 1." My Mom said T's face just dropped. She apologized and said that my Mom was right - you have no idea what the story is behind the numbers. I was so proud of my Mom for standing up for that patient and saying something to the aide.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your mom. And clearly, she loves you a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your mom did that...I hate it when ppl are sooo judgmental when they have no clue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story about your mom - especially her faith and confidence in the future: "WHEN my daughter has a baby ...."

    Also, I believe the technical term you're looking for is "one big giant universe-fuck."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for answering all of the questions~! A House in Belize would be wonderful! :) You sound like your have a great, strong mom!

    ReplyDelete