Here is some info on the award (courtsey of Amanda): What is a Liebster Blog Award? The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
What does it mean to me? Someone cares about me and my little blog. :)
Now for the first fun part...answering Amanda's questions:
1) If you were a pickle in a jar, where would you want to be and why? I'd want to be a sweet gherkin and I think I'd want to be right in the middle so I am protected by the pickles around me.
2) What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving...I've always loved helping get the meal ready - especially making an apple pie. I love how it's not as commercialized as Christmas. For the last 2 years we've celebrated Thanksgiving in Belize - which has been a blast!
3) If you have a bucket list, what is the most ridiculous thing on it? (Thanks Bree for the question) Skydiving - but not til I am at my goal weight - so it's a ways away!
4) If you could only watch one disney movie for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why? Finding Nemo - I know it's Pixas but Disney owns Pixar now, so hopefully it counts still :)
5) What is your favorite nursery rhyme? Backe Backe Kuchen - it's a German nursery rhyme that is the equivalent of Pat-a-Cake...I taught it to my preschoolers when I was teaching back in the day and they loved it!
6) Do you have any pets? If no, why not? Two Golden Retrievers - Sadie and Garnett
7) Is your current hair color your natural hair color? HAHAHAHA!! Not even close! According to one of my favorite hairdressers, my color would be "squirrel" right now - ALOT of white.
8) What do you like to do in your spare time? I feel like all I do now is become a couch potato...I'd like to start doing more once I am feeling more like myself again. I love to bake, read, take the dogs for walks with J.
9) If you could be any crayon color, which would you choose to be? (Thanks April for the question) Midnight blue - this was always my favorite color in the 64 pack when I was growing up.
10) What is the furthest you have been away from home and where was it? Alaska - went with my brother and SIL when she had to go to Anchorage for a business trip.
11) How old were you when you got your first cell phone? Ugh - I was old - 30ish
2nd part of the fun...my 11 nominations:
Janet @Just a Little Off Kilter
Jenn @The Future Fords
Ducky @I'm Just Ducky, Thanks!
EmHart @Follow Every Rainbow
3rd part of the fun...my 11 questions:
1) What is your favorite guilty pleasure song?
2) Do you watch reality tv? What is your favorite reality tv show?
3) If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
4) What is your favorite dish to bring to a pot-luck meal?
5) If you were a cupcake, what type would you be?
6) How many different places have you lived? Where?
7) What is your favorite book?
8) What is your favorite time of year?
9) What is your favorite breakfast food?
10) Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
11) Do you believe in ghosts?