Monday, July 30, 2012

Menopur Monday

Today is Day 3 of Meno.pur and Bra.velle...good times! The symptoms have already started after just 2 doses...mood swings, headaches, tired. At least this time we are laughing more over the  mood swings. J just looks at me and says "Hormones" and I grin sheepishly and laugh. Hopefully it continues this way. I didn't get the headaches last time but I am guessing that with the high dosage comes the headaches earlier on in the cycle. I am so glad I found the tip about icing before doing the shots. I can still feel the sting of the Meno.pur but it seems a little better.

Last night was our first "incident" with doing the shots. (I am a bit of a wimp so J does the shots for me.) Usually he counts before giving me the shot...last night he decided he would try just doing it without telling me it was coming. Um, that did not work. I ended up jumping back and pulling the needle out so I got two shots instead of just one with the Brav.elle. No more surprising me. :)

I am really glad I participated in July's ICLW - it was fun finding new blogs and receiving support in my corner of the blogging world.

Hope y'all are having a Marvelous Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully everyday will just get better. I am such a control freak that I don't allow my husband to give me the shots, except for the progesterone. I haven't mastered that shot solo yet :)

    Keep your chin up you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Definitely working on keeping my chin up...hoping to hear that the follies are growing when we go in on Thursday. Thankfully, J is neurotic about getting it all right so I can trust him with the shots. :)

      Delete
  2. I saw a good tip that helped with the meno.pur too - wait 15 minutes after you mix it before you inject. It made it burn less.
    My husband did my PIO shits and he kept trying to inject before the alcohol had dried, but other than that he was pretty good about not surprising me. (Maybe because every two seconds I was directing him- heh) Sorry you had to get two shots :(
    Glad you are able to keep a good sense of humor about the mood swings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip - definitely going to try that tonight!

      Delete
  3. I also can't give myself injections! Thank God my hubby is great wih them! I always found Lupron gave me the headaches and the stims made me so moody :) Just a little bit longer now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been pretty mood this week. Definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...oops!

      Delete