Friday, July 6, 2012

Finally Friday

Seems odd to feel so happy that it's Friday and the weekend is only hours away considering I was off Tuesday and Wednesday. I am pretty surprised at how normal I am feeling after the surgery...today is the one day I've googled symptoms. I've been pretty crampy all day and the spotting is definitely heavier than any other day this week. I made sure to ask the nurse that this was all still normal and thankfully it is. Hopefully it doen't change. It feels like our follow-up appointment next Thursday is so far away. I am really anxious to hear the doctor's thoughts on going forward with a 2nd round of IVF.

Unfortunately, J is not feeling over optimisitic about it working for us. I know he's looking at the numbers and I know they are not great (25% chance of success) but I am really not ready to give up on our chance of having our biological child. At times this week I feel like I am already starting the grieving process of losing that chance. I am trying hard to stay positive and keep my chin up (feel free to insert any other cliche here)...but wow, it's not easy.

Tomorrow we are headed up to the Wimberely Rodeo and I can't wait! It will be really good to get together with friends and hopefully forget about things for a few hours.

6 comments:

  1. I have really learned over the last 2 1/2 years that you dont count on numbers. I have seen do many ppl beat odd s and get pregnant. There are so many factors to consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really hoping we are able to beat the odds. Trying so hard to think positive thoughts from now until our follow-up appt.

      Delete
  2. Hey lady! ::waves::

    I'm in your "yay! I get to be a challenge on TOP of IVF!" boat and it SUCKS. We'll just have to be those women with really bleak, long stories to tell about how we got our babies. We'll be those "don't give up hope - I was so much worse off than you and I eventually got pregnant!" women. It will eventually be AWESOME. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Add one of those 'followers' buttons to your page! I want to be a public stalker of yours.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your comment. I love the idea of coming out on the other side with a long story on how it finally happened!

      Delete
  3. It took me a week to stop light spotting, but other than that I felt fine which surprised me too.
    Good luck with your follow up appointment - now it's almost here!

    ReplyDelete