Friday, July 27, 2012

Let the Adventure Begin

We had our monitoring/blood draw appointment this morning. I followed some tips that I read this week about how to have a better blood draw and I really thought it was going to go well. When the tech felt my veins and said "Yup, there's a good one right there." Needle went in just fine and then....nothing. It was moved around a bit and finally we were in business. Oh my, not the way I like to start my day at all.

Then we met with Dr. A and Wandy...both J and I were really happy that we were able to see Dr. A. The other doctors are all great and very friendly but we both feel more at ease when we see Dr. A. My lining looked great - nice and thin...so that was good news. No cysts...more good news. 3 follies on the left and 3 follies on the right. I am trying to find the positive here...there's one more than when we started last time, so that is definitely good. There is a piece of me that wondered if we were making a mistake in moving forward with this round, BUT it only takes one. So here's to hoping that one of those follies decides to become THE ONE. :)

Here's a picture of my socks for today:



On our first date J and I went to play mini-golf and have ice cream. As we were eating our ice cream we spotted two skunks right not far from where we were sitting. Once they got within about 6 or so feet of our picnic table I jumped up. The ironic part of me jumping up was that at the time I had on an air cast for a broken foot. Ever since that night we think of skunks just a little bit differently. :)

6 comments:

  1. Umm, that's the cutest first date ever.

    My husband got me drunk in the parking garage of a movie theatre (where all fairy tale romances begin).

    One of these is the ONE. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) J waited until our first NYE together to get me drunk on purpose - not a good decision. lol

      Delete
  2. Quality socks, yo! I hope one is the one! (or two are the two, might as well dream big)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my first time making sure I had socks for my appointments - hope they help :)

      Delete
  3. your first date with the hubs sounds really cute :) hehe definitely one to remember. I'm sorry you got the 'wiggle of the needle, but I'm glad you got your blood drawn in just one try. I'm going in for my day 10 blood draw tomorrow morning, so i hope i get it in one shot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Fingers crossed that your blood draw went well today!

      Delete