Let me update you on our little part of the world bullet style. :)
- J received a promotion yesterday!! I am very proud of him. There was some drama at his company this week that necessitated things change quickly. J's boss is expanding his role, which in turn opened up an opportunity for J to expand his role. There will be a "trial period" of sorts for the next 90 days - I have no doubt that J will succeed!
- We went out last night to celebrate! We brought the dogs along with us and went out to the Flying Saucer. I tried to get J to let me pick a beer for him but he wouldn't let me. I had a major fail in picking a beer for him in Belize so I have been banned.
Garnett enjoying the patio :)
J and Sadie
Garnett and Sadie
- I saw my endocrinologist, Dr. H, on Monday about my wonky thyroid and thankfully all my levels were looking good! Two of them were on the low end of normal so she upped my dose just a bit... I am now at 112mcg.
- I got a tongue-lashing from my endo about letting carbs slip back into my diet. It wasn't really fun to listen to her rant but she got the point across. I need to severly limit my carbs. My breakfasts this week have been protein shakes. Gone are my Green Monster Smoothies - too much fruit and sugar and not enough protein. She also suggested adding more cruciferous vegetables (when she said this all I could think of was Sheldon and the Big Bang Theory! lol) into my diet...if any of you have any recipes for cauliflower or brussel sprouts that make you forget you are eating cauliflower or brussel sprouts, please feel free to send them my way! I am not a fan of either veggie.
- Dr. H was pleased with my lack of weight gain...since my first visit with her during this pregnancy I am only up 1lb. She said there is a good chance that after I deliver I will be down 20lbs from where I started. That really blows me away!
- We have a check up with Dr. W this afternoon. I have a bunch of questions for her this time. Will let y'all know how it goes.
- We had our anatomy scan a couple of weeks ago and Dr. W said everything looked "perfect". Only thing she was concerned about was Cinco's size...he's on the larger side right now. She wants to make sure he'll fit on the way out! I am not surprised he's bigger. All three of my nephews and niece were over 9lbs when they were born.
- Cinco has been bouncing around lately. It truly blows me away still that we are where we are.
- My Mom is coming down to visit in 2 weeks - both J and I can't wait for her to get here! BUT that means spending time this weekend cleaning the room she'll be staying in. We spent the last two weekends emptying the closet in that room and fixing the shelves. Now it's time to put it all back together.
- Tomorrow is J's company picnic - should be fun and it looks like the weather will cooperate. It should only be in the low 90s F, which is great, because we've had more than one year where it was 100+ F during the picnic.
I hope y'all have a GREAT weekend!!