Monday, January 7, 2013

Update on Garnett

I am happy to report we had a seizure-free weekend!! Only one false alarm - Garnett was trying to itch his ears while in his crate last night and both Sadie & I thought it was a seizure. I jumped out of bed to go check on him and Sadie was standing up in her crate staring at him. I was pretty darn happy that it was a false alarm.

We were able to get an appointment with the neurologist on Friday afternoon and it went very well. She said that G did very well with his neuro exam but she was very interested to learn why he had so many seizures over the last few months. She said her gut says it's idiopathic (no cause) epilepsy but she would like to rule out other causes before saying that is the diagnosis. The next step would be an MRI and spinal tap. We are waiting for an estimate on those costs; however, should Garnett have 2 seizures within the next 5 weeks we'll need to seriously consider the scan and spinal tap. I am hoping we hear back today about the costs. I know we both really want to have it done, just need to fit it into the budget.

Garnett was quite funny during the consultation part of the visit. He would not leave the intern alone. He kept climbing up on her and giving her kisses on her ears. He is usually pretty good about not jumping up on people, but he was all up in the intern's face. :)

I am also happy to report that I went back to the gym this weekend and I am down 1.5 pounds since the holidays! My plan is to take the next month or two to focus on me and not my cycle. Should I have a spontaneous pregnancy than HURRAH! If not, then we'll explore the donor egg IVF further.

I hope y'all had a great weekend! I leave you with an older picture of the puppies in honor of tonight's game. GO IRISH!!


3 comments:

  1. I hope he is seizure free for the next five weeks. That has to be so hard waiting and watching and hoping he doesn't have a seizure. It would break my heart into pieces.

    Come on Garnett keep healing and being seizure free!

    Awesome news on the weightloss, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad it was a false alarm and I hope he can stay seizure free for you.

    I am also back on the weightloss wagon. I am down 2 pounds since Christmas, lets keep it up and get ourselves baby ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending so serious seizure-free vibes in a southern direction. And congrats on the weightloss! Perhaps I could learn a few things by following your motivation.

    ReplyDelete