Today I find myself in a place where I haven't been for a year...I am pregnant. :) On Tuesday I had my first beta - 140 - today I went in for the second beta and hope to have the results in a few hours. The last few days have been pretty surreal for me. This morning when I went in for my bloodwork I received more congratulations and the tech drawing my blood commented that I must be ecstatic...I said yes, but anxious too. From November 2010 - October 2011 we suffered 3 early losses...ask me at 10 weeks if I am ecstatic and I am sure the answer will be yes!, until then, I am cautiously excited about all of this. It's all been such an emotional roller coaster and I know the ride is far from over.
I thought I'd take the time to share some non-IF stuff about me too...I feel like I need to remind myself that life is not just about the IF journey.
- My husband, J, and I live in Texas - about 2200 miles away from our friends and family. We love it down here but sometimes it gets tough as we haven't really made a lot of friends (yet?!?).
- We have two golden retrievers that are just great - their pictures make regular appearances here on the blog.
- We are in love with Ambergris Caye, Belize - we were married there in 2010 and hope to someday own a condo down there...we'd love to become snowbirds. (Pictures of Belize can also be found here quite often!)
- I am a big sports fan...I attribute this to growing up with two younger brothers. I am a big Notre Dame fan, my youngest brother and his wife went to school there. Even though I live in TX I still follow my Boston teams religously (Well, except the Red Sox this year...back to the mantra of maybe next year will be the year.)
- I am a huge Dave Matthews fan, as J says, I am probably one of his biggest non-smoking fans! I saw him at Fenway Park while I was on crutches with a broken foot. Hands-down one of the absolute best concerts ever!!
I'll close with a picture of the sunrise from the morning of my wedding...this was the view from our room.