Tuesday, May 29, 2012

More monitoring

Yesterday was another monitoring appointment to make sure I was responding to the higher dosage of meds. I am happy to say that I responded! I was so relieved when the doctor measured a 16mm follicle... the largest seen the other day was a 13, so I was pretty happy. Then after a bit more poking and a little more pressure she found a 20mm!! I was shocked! The doctor seemed really positive after the exam and told me that 20mm was the ticket. Our IUI is scheduled for Thursday morning.

I am going through so many different emotions right now. J said it best when he compared to what we are up against as to being up to bat in the 9th inning. It's as if the doctors and nurses are super excited and positive telling us we are going to hit a home run and they forget that we've already struck out 3 times. We still have a chance of passing along the Balanced Translocation to this baby which most likely means another miscarriage. I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer but it's always in the cards for me and it scares both of us. I am going to keep saying my prayers and stay positive. Maybe, just maybe this time it will be my turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment