Friday, May 25, 2012

Defeat

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” 
 Maya Angelou

I found this quote yesterday and it really hit home for me. I want to rise from all of this defeat.

We found out this morning that I only have 2 follicles - one is 13mm and the other is a 10...there were two others that were under 10. Not good. More decisions for us...do we stop now and wait until after the hysteroscopy and then start another round of IVF? Do we move this to an IUI? Another option was to go ahead with the retrieval but Dr. A said he would not recommend it and neither J or I want to go forward with a retrieval if it doesn't look promising. I think we are leaning towards the IUI - just need to find out the cost. I hate that we have to factor in the cost with all of our decisions. Our insurance doesn't cover any of this so everything, except oral meds, is out of pocket. So many different thoughts are swirling around in my head. Definitely need to go for a walk with J and the puppies to sort some of them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment