I saw this Yearly Survey (I tried to add the link but Blogger is mad at me for not using an updated system..it doesn't like my version of IE) on Melissa's blog yesterday and decided I try it as well. (the answers will probably be pretty closely tied to my pregnancy/birth of M) :)
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? Stayed pregnant til the end and gave birth
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't really make any resolutions but J and I both said we wanted to be healthier in 2013 and to lose weight. I did that right up until the holiday season...getting back on track now.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No one in real life but I was extremely happy for blogger friends that were blessed to give birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, we lost C, the president of J's company, who was also a family friend.
5. What countries did you visit? Belize.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you didn’t have in 2013? Less family drama - I don't talk about my family and probably won't go into any detail regarding the drama but if we could get though 2014 without the massive arguments that occured in 2013 I'd consider it a real gift.
7. What dates from 2013 will be etched upon your memory, and why? October 2nd is the biggest one - the day that M was born. January 21 I took an HPT and surprised J when I told him it was positive! January 22nd - first beta came back with a great number. January 25th - first u/s came back looking just right.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year? Having a healthy pregnancy that resulted in a heathy boy
9. What was your biggest failure? Hmm...not really sure...I know there were faults/mistakes, not sure about failures
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Strained ankle when Garnett knocked me over.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Baby clothes :) Best think not baby related was J buying me the Dyson!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? J - he was amazing during all that we endured this past year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My youngest brother...family drama - enough said.
14. Where did most of your money go? Medical expenses for me and the dog!
15. What did you get really excited about? Meeting our baby boy :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? Push It by Salt n Pepa...not from 2013, but OMG when J played during my labor...a memory that will never fade!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, I weigh a few less pounds than the same time last year, we have less debt but not sure that I can say we are richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Kept in touch with friends and family
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worried
20. How did you spend Christmas? We stayed at home in TX and loved every minute of it.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013? I did :) Fell more in love with J and fell head over heels in love with M!
22. What was your favorite TV program? Big Bang Theory!
23. What was the best book you read? I know I read a couple of books but nothing stands out as "the best".
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? None that I can think of
25. What did you want and get? Again...healthy pregnancy that resulted in a healthy boy. Still in awe of this considering Dr. A told us we had less than 1% chance of it happening.
26. What did you want and not get? Can't think of anything
27. What was your favorite film of 2013? I can think of only one more that we went to see and it was not anything to write home about
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 43 - aurgh! We went out to dinner with my Mom who was visiting at the time.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less drama
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2013? Fashion Question
31. What kept you sane? My husband and my Mom.
32. What political issue stirred you the most? I think I tuned most of it out.
33. Who did you miss? C - still can't believe he left us so quickly.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. Enjoy each and every moment.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. You and Me together can do anything. Dave Matthews Band