Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year! UPDATED


Here is our little man on Christmas morning...as J and I said he was the best present we could have ever asked for. I can't believe how long it's been since I've last posted. It's been a crazy but wonderful time for us. Today I am back at work, so I have time to get caught up and to blog. :) M is home with our neighbors today...our plan A and plan B for today fell apart so M is hanging out with two cute 14 years old girls this morning. He was too funny when they got to the house this morning... J and M were just finishing up a bottle and M was pitching a fit because it was burp time. I picked him up and soothed him and told him he had company when I turned him around to see the girls he stopped fussing and smiled at them. They both giggled and thought it was great. :)

Today is a big day for me...I am going to give my notice at work. I am nervous and excited about it. I need to get some time with my boss so I can tell him. J received a promotion and a raise at the end of year which is allowing us the ability to have me become a stay at home mom. I am really looking forward to being able to spend so much time with M and not sitting behind a desk trying to look busy. I am hoping to continue blogging but I must admit I am not sure what to chat about. I guess I'll just play it by ear and see where this all goes. You might even get two posts out of me today.

I look forward to getting caught up with everyone's blogs while I am in the office today. :)

*Update*
I decided to update this post rather than add another one to today...I have officially given my notice! My boss was really good about it. He was sorry that I'll be leaving but really happy that I am able to become a stay at home mom. He totally understood where I was coming from when I told him that after all we went through to get M I just couldn't have someone else taking care of him if it was possible for me to stay home.
I told one other person in the office that I gave my notice. REALLY hoping she does not say anything...I told her it was not public yet.

M did great with the babysitters today and I think I did pretty well not being the neurotic first time mom. I only sent text messages twice! One of the girls also sent me a picture...judging from the look on M's face he enjoyed his time with the girls. :)


5 comments:

  1. M is just beautiful! We dream of this day in Christmas 2014, when we hope we'll have the ultimate gift under the tree. It's nice to see you back and I'm thrilled for you that your circumstances are allowing you to get more precious time with M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Congrats on giving your notice at your job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie!! What a big day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so beautiful! And I am SO happy for you about giving notice and becoming a stay-at-home mom :) That's just wonderful. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, what an absolute doll!

    That is such amazing news that you are able to stay home:)

    ReplyDelete