Not sure if I've shared this picture of Garnett yet or not...but here's our smiley boy. :)
Back in the fall/winter when he was having so many issues with his seizures we were supposed to have a follow-up appointment with the neurologist and possibly have G go in for an MRI and a spinal tap. Well, when he was doing so well on the medications we slacked and did not get him in for either of these. J and I decided no matter what we were getting him seen by the end of this month. I called the neurologist's office yesterday to find out what our next step should be and ready for this? No next steps! He does not need to go in for a follow-up or any procedures. He has done extremely well on his new medications and has not displayed any seizure-like behaviors and knock-on-wood absolutely no seizures since December. :)
Should Garnett have 2 seizures this fall, we'd need to get him in.
When I hung up the phone yesterday I pretty much burst into tears. I am not sure if it was relief or fear. The seizures seem to be a fall "thing" and with the baby due right at the same time it makes me anxious. I was really hoping that an appointment with the neurologist would give us some insight as to what this fall would bring us. The tech told me that unfortunately they would not be able to tell if the seizures would or wouldn't happen. So for now, we'll plan for the worst and hope for the best. My plan is to have a medicine check-off sheet hung up in the kitchen so we make sure he stays on schedule with his meds. We have been on top of his meds and the timing since last fall without any slacking. We'll also be sure to post a piece of paper explaining what to do if a seizure happens and signs to look for that would indicate one is about to happen. Maybe just maybe it won't happen this year!