Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throwback Thursday


This is me and my Nana way back in the day. :) Today would have been her 101st birthday...she passed away 25 years ago and I still miss  her a lot. Each summer I got to spend a week with her...those are some of my most favorite memories. She spoiled me rotten during that week! I'd get to stay up late and have butterscotch sundaes with her while watching her favorite tv shows. I attribute (blame!) my love of crime shows on my Nana...we'd watch Hill Street Blues and Cagney & Lacey together while I was visiting.
It was such a special time - one that I'll always treasure.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture! I love the story of your summers with your Nana :) I'm also very close with my grandmother, so reading this post made me emotional. Those kinds of memories are ones you'll always hold close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to my Mom about Nana last night and all the great memories. She was such a fun person. We figured my first summer with her was when I was 4 - I remember I couldn't watch Seseame Street so my Aunt could watch her show. hehe

      Delete