Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's a list kind of day...

I thiought I'd give you some updates on "stuff" going on...it's bullet-point style as I am currently working on my to-do list here at work. :)
(Yes, I am procrastinating by posting right now.)

  • The plumber came to the house today...I do not know the damage yet, but the leak by the street has been repaired and we have discovered why our water pressure in the house has been all over the place. Our water softener is no longer functioning properly...another thing to add to the list of repairs to be done.
  • The contractor has been contacted and he'll be starting the work in the house on August 5th! I am so excited. :) That means no more popcorn ceilings in the formal living room or what will be the nursery. Our goal is to have the nursery ready to go no later than Sept. 1st...I am hoping we'll be able to move that date up.
  • J and I leave tomorrow to head home to MA. I cannot wait to see all of my family. I am a little anxious about the baby shower. I am not really a fan of being the center of attention. Thankfully, it's a "Jack and Jill" party so J will be there with me.
  • We are going to visit J's dad's grave site for the first time while we are home. I am anxious about this too...I know it's going to be really tough on J.
  • I had my work baby shower yesterday...it was fun and odd all at the same time. One of my co-workers was super anxious to cut into the cake. We had a bundt cake and "bundt-tinis" (almost like bundt cupcakes)...people started in on the bundt-tinis while I was still eating lunch. Next thing I know my co-worker asked if I was ready to cut into the cake. So I put down my pizza and cut into the cake so she could have her slice. I have some really nice co-workers and I have some odd ones too.
  • We got back the results from Garnett's most recent blood work - it's all normal! He needs to have his blood checked every 6-12 months due to the medications he's on for his seizures. I don't think I've mentioned it but he's been seizure-free for the last 7 months!! We are getting him to the neurologist next month for a check-up.
  • I am still dealing with "stuff" from my accident in April. Last month I received a letter/invoice from TX DoT for the damage caused by the accident...I called the insurance rep and she said she'd "take care of it". Well, yesterday, I received a postcard saying we missed a certified letter delivery from TX DoT...guess it was not taken care of. I've tried all day to get in touch with her and have not had any luck.
Time for me to get back to my to-do list...

Hope you are all having a Wonderful Wednesday!!

I leave you with Garnett then and now pictures. :)


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun at your work shower! That's strange, the cake thing. How bizarre!

    ReplyDelete