Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The 11th Hour - Updated

We are down to the very end...which is just nuts to think about. There are times when it feels like I've been pregnant forever and other times when it feels like it was just yesterday that I found out my beta results.

We saw Dr. W this morning - it was SO good to see her again...she was on vacation last week and of course it was the week I had stuff happen and panicked. We ended up going in for a check-up last Monday and then to be checked out again after I lost my mucus plug on Friday. Dr. W was pretty happy that the boy waited for her. :) She said it was a good vacation but the rain ruined the picture taking opportunities they were hoping for. J told her to never go on vacation during our due date time again. She laughed.

Today we talked induction. :) We have the option of going in tonight or tomorrow night to start the process. Right now I am waiting for a call back from the dr's office about the timing of when we'd go in. If we can go in tonight around 7:30pm, I think we'll go tonight. If we have to be there early evening, I think we may wait until tomorrow. J has had a really long day at work...the re-org after the President's passing is being announced today and it's an emotional day for everyone. BUT J did tell me ultimately it's my decision if we go in tonight or tomorrow night. I am on the fence. There are pros to both.

One of the silly things I am looking forward to is dressing the boy in his Red Sox clothes on Friday night! We are pretty excited the Sox are in the playoffs and we can dress the boy up for it. :)

J's mom and husband fly in on Saturday and my Mom flies home on Sunday - it's going to be an interesting weekend to say the very least!

I've rambled enough for now...just wanted to let you know where we were at right now.

Update:  I am at the hospital for my induction. It is surreal to say the very least. Our nurse for tonight is amazing. Unfortunately, she is part of the club no one asked to join. She has suffered two early losses and is a patient of Dr. A's. She mentioned that is going in for karyotyping next week. So nice to have a nurse who understands some of the feelings I might be having. 

Hoping to update again tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Yay, so excited for you! That is so cute about the Red Sox outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you're that close already! So exciting! Yours was one of the first blogs I found when I started my own, and knowing your history while following your healthy pregnancy has been an incredible source of hope for me. Thank you. I'll be keeping you guys in my heart as you pass these momentous hours. Enjoy all those silly little things mama, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So, so close! Sending good thoughts your way and can't wait to hear the whole story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...so hard to believe that you are nearing the end! So exciting!! I can't wait to meet this little one ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. AW it's really happening!!! I'm so excited for you! Prayers and hopes for an easy safe delivery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! I'll be sending you and your little one good thoughts for a safe and happy delivery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've nominated you for the sunshine award! If you have time, stop by my blog for the details! (aplacewhereicanbeme.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete