* We had a great holiday season...my Mom came down to visit and M loved having Grammie here to visit. They were "back seat buddies" in our Pathfinder. :)
* M is talking up a storm now...he was a bit of a late talker but now he doesn't stop. We constantly hear "What Mommy doing? What Daddy doing? What Gram doing? What Grump doing? What Grammie doing? What Bumpa doing?" Trying to come up with answers can be challenging sometimes.
* We are still taking swim lessons and M is getting more comfortable with going under the water. I don't ever force him and if he doesn't want to go under he doesn't do it.
* Like most toddlers he's a bit obsessed with his nose...the other day he said to me "Booger, Mommy-o, booger." He also tried putting his drum stick up his nose...I laughed at myself when I said only fingers in your nose.
*M has discovered Sesame Street...it happened while J was in Vegas for work in December and we were home alone. One morning I decided to give it a try and Elmo was playing basketball. M loves basketball and that is what got him hooked on Sesame Street. He also loves Abby. :) He doesn't really enjoy sitting for an episode so we watch videos. His FAVORITE song is Sing. Oh my gosh, listening to him sing the song makes my heart melt every time. It's so funny to watch the video because it's from when I was a kid. It cracks me up to watch Luis jam while playing the guitar.
*We have given up on the sleep sacks at M's request...so far so good (fingers crossed!). He has not yet tried to climb out of the crib! Next is trying to give up the binky. It's only used at nap and bed time. We are down to one binky and when that is broken or lost, we are done. I am trying to talk M about it and get him thinking about no more binky.
*We had more allergy testing done last month. We have added peanuts to the list. :( The numbers were low, but the doctor said to avoid it for now. It makes me a bit anxious but not much more than the others. M is starting to develop an understanding of his allergies. We bought him a book about it and it quickly became on of his favorites!
*We have been working a lot with M and using his kind words and his manners. But wow did I feel like a jerk when he got the sticker after his blood test for the allergy testing and I had him say thank you to the nurse! Through his tears he managed a very sad thank you. Oh well, I guess manners don't take a break!
* I am still loving being at home but I know that at some point M will need to go to preschool. I figure it's time for me to start researching schools in the area and finding out their food allergy policies. That is definitely one of my biggest fears.
Hopefully I can post a big more regularly!
Now for some pictures. :)
|M loved his "Foxy" decoration :)|
|The haircut that took two tries and two different places!|
|M loves to bake with me and we found safe brownies that actually taste good!|
|Helping to get dog breakfast...after he spills he "yells" Sadie clean-up!|
|M is now obsessed with Buddy Bucks that we get at HEB (our grocery store)...when he uses his pleases and thank yous he usually gets extra bucks!|
|Someone LOVES playing in Mommy's closet!|
|Our happy boy :)|