Monday, October 27, 2014

#Microblog Mondays - milk


We are continuing to work through our list of foods on the allergen list. I forgot to update that corn did not work out for M. I think it was on day 5 of the two week trial period he broke out. I was so bummed, he really enjoyed the corn but his face did not.

Yesterday we attempted "cow's milk"...our pedi suggested trying yogurt or cheese rather than straight milk. We tried some plain yogurt with breakfast. M had a few spoonfuls plain and a few with mango. He seemed to tolerate it but not love it. Later in the morning he tried a few bites of my mango greek yogurt from Trad.er Joe's...now that he loved. :) J did not agree with my decision to let him try it but I thought it would be okay. Um, yeah, I think I should have listened to J. M's face broke out. :( We are going to go three days without any dairy and try again later this week.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer. Corn is my favorite food in the entire world so that would make me sad if I couldn't eat it. I hope the next dairy attempt goes better than yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I am feeling pessimistic though, because when we tried corn it took a few times of him eating it before he reacted. This was pretty quick. :(

      Delete
  2. I can't even imagine being so allergic to so many things! Keep trying, I hope things improve!

    ReplyDelete