Monday, February 25, 2013

Scenes from Our Weekend

Oh what a weekend it was...it started off on such a high note! We had our great appointment on Friday and then we turned Friday night into date night. :) I had a gift card so we only paid $2 for dinner. Love it when we can have fun and it doesn't cost a lot!!

Saturday had it's ups and downs, but, all in all, a good day.

Sunday started off really well...J made us breakfast and then went to the gym. I relaxed and worked on my knitting while he was gone. Once J was all cleaned up from the gym we decided to tackle the project of replacing our garbage disposal. The actual replacing of the disposal was not all that bad. I was great at holding the flash light and fetching the right tools. We got everything put back in place - including the mesh wire that surrounds that outlet, preventing critters from coming in under the sink. J figured it was safe to do so because everything went so well. Then we tested the garbage disposal. NOTHING. So the process began of figuring out was not connected correctly. It didn't take too long for us to figure out it was the plug.

Garnett checking out what was going on:

 This looks a like a good spot to rest:


That meant a trip to Home Depot...out to the truck we go. J turns the key and "clunk" was what we heard. J mentioned the truck did that earlier too when he moved it to go to the gym. He tried again - NOTHING. The truck died. :(  We left it and headed to Home Depot and lunch in J's convertible. That was a FUN ride home. :)


This morning the truck was towed away to the dealership and hopefully we'll know what's going on with it this afternoon. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too bad. Really do not want to have to think about buying a new vehicle right now.


Hope Y'all had a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Garnett is SO funny! That is something our dogs would do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He ended up resting his head on J's leg too. :) J did not appreciate me snapping so many pictures instead of moving the dog.

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of Garnett "helping". Too funny!

    That stinks about the garbage disposal and truck. Ugh. I hope everything gets fixed without too much of a hit to the bank account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, the garbage disposal/plug replacement is done, so now it's just the truck. Keeping my fingers crossed it's not too bad.

      Delete
  3. Garnett is doing exactly what our puppies would do- they always have to be in the thick of things!!

    Hope the truck is doing okay today without too much of a hit to your bank account!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love when pets decide to rest in the most awkward positions! I remember trying to do yoga once and my parents' dog kept lying underneath me while I was doing a downward dog -- so frustrating, but cute at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete